Sunday, April 12, 2009

Good Friday!

We got frozen yogurt and its a pretty popular thing here! Heidi and I shared one and it was pretty much amazing!
Yes its pretty crazy!

After going to the Sepulchre we decided to go to the Suk. The Suk is the Jewish Market and its always fun to go, but Fridays are the best time to go because its right before Shabbat. People are shoving by and yelling everywhere. Its an awesome experience! My favorite thing to buy at the market is dried pineapples!! :)






This is what happens on Good Friday, some people get really into it. They reeanct Christ and the day he walked along the roads of the Old City.




This is me and Father Angelo, he loves the BYU students and we saw him when we went to the Sepulchre. We talked to him for awhile and then he let us into a secret chapel! It was really cool!





If you look closer you can see the cross at the front. They were walking along the via del rosa.














These were some of the people outside of the Sepulchre, it was packed!








Today was Good Friday, the day Christ died on the cross. The people here are really into this day so I wasn't going to miss the chance to see what they do. I spent most of my time at the Holy Sepulchre because thats were all the action was. I'm standing by the crosses that were then later carried along the Via Del Rosa.










No comments:

Post a Comment