Wednesday, February 16, 2011

FOR EVERYONE!!! (sorry for my spelling I only have 30 minutes)

(Hi... I am Maria, Sister Stacey's sister. I will be posting her letters on this blog each week so you can keep in touch with her and see how she is doing while serving her mission! If you would like any information on how to contact her please leave a comment and I will be happy to help. I also will send her the comments in a letter each week, so feel free to send her your love and support!)

Everyone,
I can't believe its finally P-day! I've been so excited to write you and tell you how Im doing. Mom I got your email but its to long, I'm going to try and figure out how to print it so I can read it later. They only give me 30 minutes to write an email so you should reply to this email by sending me a letter or a dearelder so I can read it ahead of time and reply. So when Mom and Dad dropped me off geez do they get you started into things. I went and dropped my stuff off at the room and started classes. They seriously fill your head with so much information.. ITS AWESOME! The first day I got here I got letters from all of my friends. I'm pretty sure the rest of the district was jealous. I'm writing you all back so thank you so much. I didn't realize how much I wanted to get letters until the first day! The MTC is so great! There are Elders EVERYWHERE! Two reasons why its awesome to have so many elders. 1.) I NEVER have to open a door anywhere I go.. Its pretty much awesome. We joke around that when I leave I'm going to run into a door because I'm so use to never having to open it. 2.) After I eat I never have to take my tray to clean. The Elders are so nice but hey I'm not complaining! My companion is Sister Hanny and she is from Idaho Falls, Idaho and she is going to Las Vegas Nevada. She is so awesome and we get a long so well! Its so werid how much we are alike. Its going to be sad to say goodbye to here in two weeks. My district is sooo awesome. We are such a good group we work super hard and still have fun together. Half of my district is coming with me to New York and the other half is going to Nevada. We work so well together and its so cool to study and learn with one another. My branch presidency is so nice and they are so helful with advice. The MTC is such a spiritual place I feel like I'm back at the BYU jerusalem center. Is the greatest feeling. As much as I love the MTC i'm SO happy that I'm only here for three weeks. Its the perfect amount of time. I am also SOOOO glad I am in a english speaking mission. I feel like I've been here for a week and I have so much to learn. There is to much doctrine to learn and to little time. I don't know how some of these elders and sisters learn a language. I admire them so much! The classes are awesome and our teachers are awesome. Its cool because they are our age so it gives me hope that one day I can be as smart as them. I seriously learn so much, its amazing! So our branch president does this thing where everyone has to prepare a talk and he will randomly pick two people to give it on sunday. Well being the lucky person I am I was one of those two. I think it was meant to be because the talk was on having faith in christ. I think I didn't pretty good and being the person I am you bet I had a whole lesson prepared because I don't do well with being put on the spot. I think it was a good lesson for me to learn as well. I need to work on having more faith in christ that I will be able to teach better and learn the doctrine to bring more people to christ. Last nigth at the devotinal I saw Darelle and on sunday I saw Loretta and that was so exciting to see them. Darelle gave me some good advice on not being discouraged. One thing the MTC does that frightens me sooo much is ROLE PLAY! There is so much of it and it totally freaks me out. They have actors come to the MTC and act as investigators. This has really tested my personality to get out of my comfort zone and teach them. The first lesson went very bad but I can see them getting better. Me and Sister Hanny work well together and I think we are on our way to be good missionaries. Everytime we teach we learn somthing new we need to work on. Its amazing how much they pack in one day. You are working all day long, I was studying the scriptures and I came across 1 Nephi 1:7 and it talks about Lehi coming home after having so much of the spirit and throwing himself on his bed. I laughed because thats how I feel everyday I get to my bed at night. Its a good thing to be so tired because you have had so much of the spirit. I'm not complaining! Its a great thing. On Sunday we were able to walk to the Temple and it was amazing to walk outside. We were all excited to leave the MTC for awhile. Were also doing choir and thats so much fun! I'm so glad I get to be apart of that. Its so cool when we all meet for devotionals and to think we have all been set apart as disciples of the Lord. You can only imagine the spirit that is felt in those meetings. We are all there to give ourselves to the Lord and bring others to come unto Christ. I wish everyone could have the feelings I feel during those meetings. I have come to learn that the mission is going to be the hardest thing I will ever do in my life, but I have also come to learn that it will be the most rewarding. I need to remember Gordon B. Hinkleys words "Forget yoruself and go to work!" I'm trying to give all myself to the Lord and do his work! I have also come to realize that I am the luckiest person in the wolrd. Not everyone gets this opportunity that I get. Not everyone gets to get set apart as the servant of the lord for 18 months. I am so lucky for this and I can't wait to get out of the MTC to start teaching real people. Its going to be hard and I know that but I want to become the best missionary that I can bet. Last night in our Devotinal the guys said that we should be that missionary that when we leave the people weep and they will always remember you and their children will always remember you. I want to be that missionary! I've heard so many conversion stories from Elders and Sisters and its just comfirms to me that this is where I need to be. I love it here and I can't wait to learn more. I've already learned so much I can't wait to learn more in these next two weeks.! Until next week I love you all! WRITE ME!

Love Sister Stacey

PS. Packages and letters very much appreciated! :) (My box number is 232 and my departure date is March 1st)

Send this to Maria so she can put this on my blog!! LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment