Wednesday, February 23, 2011

To Everyone! Love you!!





Hey Everyone,

MTC a Prison? I THINK NOT! The MTC is amazing and I can't believe I have one more week left of it. If you didn't know the MTC is like its our community, they have a store, post office, classes, caffeteria, and places to sleep. Its amazing! It has gone by so fast! I'm sad that time is running out. I have really loved being here at the MTC. Last P-Day we were able to go to the temple and that was amazing. Its totally different going as a missionary. I loved it so much! I never wanted to leave. It was so good to get out of the MTC for the day, ya know get some fresh air. So Tuesday March first I will be flying to New York. I hasn't hit me yet that I will be teaching real people next week. I feel almost babied here at the MTC. I know that if I mess up its not really for real so I'm ok, but next week its going to be the real deal! I have mixed feelings about leaving, but for the most part I'm getting excited to leave and meet new people and start teaching. I have become so close with my district, they are like my new family here at the MTC. It will be really hard to leave them. We have decided that we all need to stay in touch and I'm sure I will see the people going to my mission. We have found that "hand hugs" are very helpful here at the MTC. We can't give real hugs so the "hang hug" has come in very good use. My companion Sister Hanny is the best first companion anyone could ask for. We have been doing really good at making goals and accomplishing them. Our lessons have been getting better and each time we teach we learn something new we can work on. We have decided she is very structured at teaching and I'm more concentrated on finding their needs. We finally found our balance and we work so well together. I'm nervous to meet my new companion next week, I've been so blessed to have such an amazing first companion. Sundays are the best EVER! Every sunday morning we get to watch the Spoken Work and its so good to hear music. We don't get to listen to music here at the MTC so this is a very good treat. For the fireside that night it was on the importance of songs and how they can be useful to feel the spirit. We sang hymns the whole time. The coolest part was the very end we sang called to serve but in the first verse we sang really quite and as the verses went on we gradually got louder and stood up on the last verse. It was aboustley amazing! You could feel the spirit so strongly and everyone knew that this is where we were suppose to be. It was so cool! The devotional was so great on Tuesday and I just realized how lucky I am to be a missionary. Not a lot of young women get this opportunity so I'm very lucky. I'm so lucky to be able to be here and bring people unto christ. My best friend Kara comes in next week and I'm so excited for her. I keep thinking of her and Emily and how lucky they are as well to have this opportunity. This is truly an amazing experience. I have been learning so much here at the MTC and its amazing how much I didn't know. I also was able to see my Aunt and Uncle Darelle and Loretta multiply times. It has been so much fun to see them. He takes pictures of me and my companion on his phone and then sends them to my dad. hehe I'm sure my Dad loves that. I'm just trying to enjoy myself and learn as much as I can. I have come to love my Savior even more being here at the MTC. He truly does know me and watches out for me. He blesses me more than I know. I also have come to love Joseph Smith and all that he has done for that. He went through all the hard times to get the church going we are so lucky that it has become what it is today. Yesterday I was a meeting learning how to find more people to teach. They said something interesting that I liked. He said that two missionaries in an area can really become 500 hundred missionaries if the members of the ward were willing to help. Members are such a big part of missionary work and I'm excited to come close to the members in my mission so that I can find more people to teach. I encourage you all to find those you think would like to hear our message. We know that they can be blessed from this gospel. I love being here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for your support. I will probably write another email the Monday before I leave. Thank you so much for supporting me and sending me letters. They help more than you know! The gospel is true and I'm so grateful to have it in my life.

I love you all!

Sister Stacey

Letters very much appreciated! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment