Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"...this is the ministry unto which ye were called to declare these glad tidings unto this people..to prepare their minds...to hear the word....

"...this is the ministry unto which ye were called to declare these glad tidings unto this people..to prepare their minds...to hear the word at the time of his coming.." Alma 39:16

Hello,
This week seemed to go by fast. Fall is coming, it has been getting colder here in New York. I'm very excited for the Fall and all the beautiful trees. I'm a little worried though for my companion Sister Gifford. She is from Arizona and has never experienced a winter. She was freaking out when it was 57 degrees. I just have to laugh just wait till its 10 below.. haha
Sadly a lot of our investigators keep missing our appointments and we had to drop some. We have been working really hard with Dwight and Edwin because they have a baptism date to be baptized on the 8th of October. So we hope they can make it there. Edwin completed his stop smoking program which was really exciting! This Sunday must have been an off Sunday because we only had one of our investigators come to church. Dwight and Edwin didn't make it which is really sad. Next Sunday will be a better one!
We finally met with one of our investigators this week that we haven't been able to see in awhile. She is so amazing and she knows that the Book of Mormon is true and she knows that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints is the true restored church on the earth, but she is so tied up with activities in her church she doesn't know what to do. I guess she leads the choir and works with little kids in her church and she feels bad to leave. I told her the story of Amulek in the Book of Mormon and how he left all his golds and riches and family and friends because he knew it was true. I hope she feels like she can relate and that it can help. She can't come to church because that's when she teaches her little kids. so we are hoping to get her to General Conference because the second half doesn't start till 4pm. So we will keep trying with her. I'm really excited about her though.
We have been teaching a lot of youth, but with youth its hard to get them to church and motivated. I hope that we can teach their families as well. We had a very interested lesson with some guy that we started to talk to on the streets. We started talking to him and taught him the first lesson right there. When we told him that he should read and pray and ask God if this book is true he said ok and yelled really loud.." GOD IS THIS BOOK TRUE?!" Sister Gifford and I refrained from laughing. These are just some of the awesome people you meet here in Syracuse. It was a lesson to be remembered!
Well I don't have too much to write about for this week. It all kind of blurs together throughout the week. I love sharing the gospel and I love it here in Syracuse. I hope this week we can find some new investigators! I also can't wait for General Conference! I have been counting down the days since the last one in April! Conference is the best!
Love you all,
Sister Stacey


Pic 1: A family in the ward always throws a GREENY dinner for the new missionary. Elder Allred was the greeny and the victim of this dinner. Everything on the table was green..everything!. It was so awesome!

Pic 2: The Provo temple in Syracuse New York.. so weird

pic 3: This is the Methodist church where we volunteer.

pic 4: We sort clothes and give them to people who come in and need them (it's so much fun!)

pic 5: Sister Gifford and I working in the clothes room!

pic 6: I love cats and I thought this was so cute! We always find random stuff when we volunteer!


No comments:

Post a Comment