Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"...the people gathered themselves together throughout all the land, that they might go up to the temple to hear the words...

"...the people gathered themselves together throughout all the land, that they might go up to the temple to hear the words which King Benjamin would speak unto them." Mosiah 2:1

Hello,
I'm so very excited for General Conference! We were able to go to the Relief Society broadcast and it got me so excited for conference. The Relief Society broadcast was amazing and Uchtdorf talk was what every women in the world needed to hear. It helped so much and it was fun to go to it. I loved the idea of the forget me nots. It was so uplifting. I loved at the end of his talk when he said "no matter how dark your days may seem..your Heavenly Father has Not forgotten you." Such great words of wisdom. It just reminds me that my Heavenly Father is always there for me. The week before conference is always great because we get to tell people that the Prophet on the earth today is going to speak to the whole world. They always get so excited and curious to see what a Prophet would say. It reminds me how cool conference really is and how special it is. We are planning on getting a lot of people to come so I'm so happy about that.
This week was amazing! Yesterday was a great fast and testimony meeting. Edwin one of our investigators who is getting baptized on the 8th of October bore his testimony. Me and sister Gifford were reading something together on my planner when we heard Edwin and our heads popped up in shock. It was so powerful! Edwin had a stroke last year and from that he can't talk very well and its a struggle for him. The second he started talking it was clear enough that anyone listening could understand. He talked about how when he went to the pageant missionaries came up to him and he has been meeting with us since. He read a scripture out of the book of Mormon and then held it up and said "I know this book is true!" It was so powerful and I almost cried. Its amazing to see them receive their testimony and then share it with others. That is when I know that they have truly been converted. It was a great testimony and the ward I am in is amazing. The majority of people in the ward are converts to the church. Its just amazing to see! I love converts! There was a general theme in the testimony meeting about people going to the Palmyra pageant and wanting to know more. Its just a great thing! I can't wait to go some day!
This sure was a fast transfer. We got transfer calls this weekend and ..... I'm staying in Syracuse with sister Gifford! I'm very excited about this! We get along well and I think we can do great things this next transfer. Sadly another sister went home this transfer and in all we lost 3 sisters. We had to close two sister areas. So the sisters are very low in the mission which is sad. So if there are any girls out there who want to serve a mission just do it! We need you!
I guess the ward that I am in doesn't have Halloween parties. So we asked if we could put one on and they said yes. So we are going to be planning a Halloween party. I'm excited because we have a lot of investigators that will come! It should be fun!
I don't have to much time. There is always so much packed in one week I forget it all by Monday. I hope you all have a great week and enjoy conference. It really is the best opportunity to learn from our Prophets and apostles. I love the gospel!
Love,
Sister Stacey
Pictures:

pic 1: We went shopping today for P-day. They have the cutest stores around here! I love New York!

pic 2: Our District and Zone Leaders! It was a fun transfer!

pic 3: Our awesome district being silly!

pic 4: Me and Sister Gifford in the car! We are together again for the next transfer! YAY!

pic 5: We were able to go the General Relief Society broadcast. So this is the Fayettville Sisters and us at the broadcast! Its always fun to see other sisters!


No comments:

Post a Comment