Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"And now when the people had heard these words, they clapped their hands for joy and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts." Mosiah 18:11


Hello,
This week was so awesome not sure where to start. In the beginning of the week we met Dwight on Syracuse campus to help him with his Family History. We were able to find some information on his Grandparents and he was so excited. I wish I knew more about the familysearch.org so we could help but were going to try and get him to the family history center.
We had Zone Conference this week and it was so awesome. I just love Zone Conference and my Mission President is just amazing. The training was on how to be better teachers. One of his training was on how we need to teach Simply, Clearly, and with the Spirit. He said no wonder 19 year old go on mission. We don’t have to be experts on knowing everything about the gospel. There is a quote in Preach My Gospel it says “It is true intelligence for a man to take a subject that is mysterious and great in itself and to unfold and simplify it so that a child can understand it.” We need to dumb it down a bit. My mission president says “Telling isn’t teaching and having been told isn’t taught.” Just because we’re teaching the lesson and principles right doesn’t mean that they understand, everyone learns differently. So I learned a lot and we have already been applying what we learned in our lessons. We’re excited and we hope to see progress in our investigators.

So after the first half of our training we were eating lunch. We were sitting at the table with our mission president and he looked at me and said could you sing for the musical number. I guess the Zone leaders didn’t find anyone to do a musical number which we usually have one each zone conference. I can’t really say no to my mission president.(haha) So in 10 minutes I picked a song out of the hymn book and practiced once and that was it. I was a little nervous at first, but I’m glad I did it because I had been wanting to do a musical number for zone conference. It was a fun experience and I’m glad I just did it.

We played Jeopardy and the questions were about the mission or from the book of mormon it was so fun. One of the turns I had the buzzer in my hands and the question was about what are we suppose to use to spray for bugs and I didn’t read it fast enough because I should have known it. My mission president looked at me and started laughing because I SHOULD have been the first person to answer that because I have had bed bugs twice and I have used that spray so many times! It was kind of funny!

We had a great lesson with the 11 year old that we teach. We taught on prayer and then afterwards we painted prayer rocks with her and the members. It was so much fun! I hope she will remember to pray now! We like to have fun with our lessons!

I had interviews with my mission president this week. I sat down with him and he asked me how Syracuse was going and I put my head down and I said “I don’t want to leave Syracuse” (in a joking way) and he said “Well do you want to stay for another transfer?” My head shot straight up and I said “Can I? Is that an option?” He said that he likes to keep people together in an area when their doing well together and the work is going good. When he left he said it wasn't a sure possibility that I’m leaving. So I still have a chance to stay another transfer which I would love love love. That means I would be here in Syracuse for 9 months if I stay another one. I would be very happy!

This weekend was fun. Friday night we went to a wedding. The Elders investigator got married. The investigator and his now wife would always have us over so we know them pretty well. So we went to the wedding and it was interesting but fun.

Then Saturday night was Andrew’s baptism went really well and he invited a lot of his family members which was awesome. Andrew's dad really enjoyed it and now he is interested in learning more, so we might start teaching his dad. We are pretty excited about that and things are just going really well!

This week was packed with awesome stuff and its never a dull moment as a missionary! I love it here in Syracuse and I hope that I can stay another transfer!
Sadly our mission president and his wife go home this summer and today he announced in his email that our new mission president will be Brother Joseph B. Wirthlin Jr. Thats kind of exciting, but I won't really know him for too long.

Hope everyone had a great week!
Love from the cuse,
Sister Stacey

Pictures

#1: Andrew's Baptism!
#2: My Dad is the best and sent me awesome V-day Flowers!
#3 Painting our prayer rocks at the members home with Samantha!
#4 The wedding on Friday! The Bride and I
#5 Sisters at Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment