Monday, February 13, 2012

Has it really been a year already?

Hello,
I can’t believe it, but its been a year since I entered the MTC on February 9th. I’m not sure why, but time is definitely warped as a missionary. Some days feel like months and some months feel like days. It feels just like yesterday that I was in the MTC. I guess I can officially call myself a New Yorker. Its fun to look back and see the changes I have made and the progress I have made. It’s a bitter sweet feeling because I know I'm on that downward slope. I'm trying to live everyday to the fullest and not think so much about the future. I love being here in New York! I'm so glad that I came on a mission and that I'm serving in the cuse!
This week has been good Andrew is all set and ready for this Saturday for his baptism and we are pretty excited for him. He is getting baptized all because a member opened his mouth about the gospel. It's a great feeling when you can share the gospel with others and you may never know what may come of it. We started teaching this girl who is my age. I always love teaching people who are my age because I can relate to them so much better. I love it!
We have been struggling to find people. We were tracting and we knocked on this ladies home and lets just say she was a very strong catholic. She had some good questions and we were able to clear up some misconceptions. She did ask us how many church buildings there were in Syracuse and we said there was one. She was like “only one? We have over 100 just here in Syracuse, you should pray to your prophet for help to get more people.” I looked at her and was like “that’s why were here and that’s why we go out all day” Haha It was kind of funny! I guess she didn’t get it. She wasn’t interested, but at least we were able to clear up some misconceptions and that helps me stay positive and go on to the next door.
It’s a pretty fun year to be on a mission. Usually when we meet people they ask about the End of the World in 2012 or Mitt Romney and how he is a Mormon. The name “Mormon” is starting to get out there and more and more people are recognizing the name. This week at District meeting we talked a bit about how we can use the elections to our advantage. We're not aloud to voice our opinions, but we were practicing some door approaches how we can bring up the name Mormon, but make sure they know were not campaigning for Romney. I’m pretty excited about this and I’m going to take full advantage of it! If all that comes out of this is that we can make sure people know that we are NOT practicing polygamy then I’ll be happy with that. Haha
This week should be a great week and I'm excited for the baptism. I'm so happy that I'm here and I love every moment of my life! Nothing could be better than right now being on a mission!


Love you all! Have a Happy Valentines Day!

Love from the Cuse,
Sister Stacey
P.S. Happy Birthday to my awesome sister Maria! Love ya!

Hope you enjoy the pictures!
Pic 1 and 2: One year mark!
pic 3,4, and 5: we went to the zoo last p-day with one our favorite families in the ward. I think I love them so much because they remind me of my oldest sister and her Kids. These are the cutest little kids in all of Syracuse. we had a lot of fun at the zoo!






No comments:

Post a Comment