Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"..Behold, here are the waters of Mormon and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people..." Mosiah 18:8


Hello,
This week was a great week. We have always had a baptism date with one of our investigators Dwight, but we kept moving it back. He came to Stake Conference which was good and he later told us that he broke down and started crying. He said that was very unusual for him. We explained to him that it was the Spirit. Dwight has had some awesome experiences with the Spirit. We met with him on Monday with our ward mission leader and the lesson was amazing! It was perfect and just what Dwight needed to hear. My ward mission leader is seriously amazing and his testimony is so powerful. He was a convert and dealt with some of the same struggles as Dwight did. Basically he asked Dwight do you believe this Book is True and he said yes. Do you believe that Joseph Smith is a prophet and he said how else would he be able to translate the gold plates so yes! He wants to be baptized, so Monday night we decided he would get baptized Saturday. So we planned the baptism in 4 days and called everyone who had taught with us and planned the whole baptism. It was crazy, but everything worked out. The baptism was Saturday night and it was so great! He was so happy he showed up early. He looked so happy and he was so surprised that so many people came to support him. He didn't realize how many people cared about him and wanted to be there for him at his baptism. He doesn't have any family or friends here so we have become his new "ward" family! He was so happy and everyone who was part of teaching him was able to participate in some way. Dwight is such a humble man and I'm so happy that we were able to teach him. He got up at the end of the baptism and said a couple words. He said "I thank the sister missionaries and I wouldn't have made it this far without them. They are great missionaries!" It was the sweetest thing! I'm so happy that I'm here on a mission and I was able to help Dwight along his path to return to his Heavenly Father.
On Friday we were able to help one of our investigators paint her Kitchen and it was really fun. It was great because we were able to talk and she really opened up to us about what she wants from us as missionaries and how knowing about Jesus Christ can benefit her life. It was a great opportunity to be with her. We had a lesson and after the lesson her son wanted to be apart of the prayer and he came over and sat with us. It was so cool! The hardest part is getting investigators to church... JUST COME!! haha So we are working on that with most of our investigators!
Its been a great week and I don't have too much time! I hope everyone will have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm so thankful for this opportunity to be here in New York and bring people closer to Jesus Christ. I'm so Thankful for a family that Loves me and supports me in my decisions. I'm thankful for wonderful friends who write me (hint! haha) and are always there to support me! I'm so thankful for the Book of Mormon that I know I can be with my family forever and it can help get through anything. I'm so thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows what's best for me. I'm so Thankful for the spirit that guides me along and helps me through. I'm so thankful to be on earth at this time! There is so much more that I could write down, but I'm truly thankful for everything! I love you all and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving day!
Love,
Sister Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment