Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!


Hello,
This week was another great week. Last Monday night we had Family Night with the singles branch. The missionaries are in charge the 4th Monday of every month. We thought it would be fun to carve pumpkins. So we had some fun carving pumpkins and getting to know some of the members in the singles branch. It was a lot of fun!
This week Edwin had his interview and passed so we are planning on having his baptism this Saturday. We are pretty excited. Edwin went to the Pageant in Palmyra and the missionaries talked to him there and then that's how we started teaching him. He is such a great example to me in his efforts to do all the right things. He finished the Book of Mormon and we gave him Doctrine and Covenants and he has already started reading that. He asked us if we had anymore reading material about the church, that he wants to read everything. haha We started laughing and then explained to him about a church library. He was excited to learn about that. So he happens to be married to a baptist minister..yes! So we were telling him about the adversary and how he should watch out for anti stuff. He said that his wife's friend will drill him with Anti and that he will pull out scriptures from the Book of Mormon. haha He said don't worry about that.. he pointed to his heart and told us that there is no way anyone can change the feelings he has. No one can change his testimony. Its amazing to see how much he has grown and changed. Its amazing how powerful the atonement can be.
This week at District meeting we learned a lot about family history and how we can use this as a tool to find more people. I haven't really thought about this, but I'm excited to start to use it. I didn't think us missionaries needed to worry about it because we won't get to go to the temple, but after that amazing talk by Elder Bednar on the Spirit of Elijah I can see now how it applies so much to missionary work!
One of our investigators who is single branch age came to church yesterday. Before church we had a lesson with her on the Plan of Salvation. Then during sacrament the talks referred back to the lesson we just had. It was so perfect! I'm so thankful for the spirit because I for sure did not plan that! She really enjoyed it and she is excited to come next week. Out of all the people I have met with she has been the most prepared by the Spirit for this restored gospel. Its been an amazing experience teaching her! Its awesome!
We had our ward Halloween party on Saturday and it turned out great! We had two of our investigators come. They loved the idea of trunk or treat. Lots of people came and it was a great turn out. Me and Sister Gifford sort of dressed up as much as we could as missionaries. It was a lot of fun and I think the kids loved it!
It was a great week! I don't have too much time so I didn't have much to write. I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!
Love you,
Sister Stacey


pic 1: Pumpkin Carving with the Singles Branch

pic2: Our awesome Pumpkin! My only Halloween as a missionary.. I had to carve a church pumpkin!

pic 3: Our awesome Trunk! Yay!

Pic 4: Me and our investigator. Her dad is Less active

pic 5: The Elders and Us at the trunk or treat!

pic 6: I had to take a picture with me and the Angry Bird only because I thought of my family. We love angry birds!



No comments:

Post a Comment