Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"...whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled..if he endureth to the end..him will I hold guiltless before my Father....

"...whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled..if he endureth to the end..him will I hold guiltless before my Father..when I shall stand to judge the world.." 3 Nephi 27:16

Hello,
This was another great week and it was extra special because Edwin got baptized! Edwin's baptism went so well and he was seriously so excited. When we saw him at the baptism his smile would not leave his face. He kept saying "I'm psyched out!" It was so cute. The baptism went really well and his wife who is a baptist minister came. He was so happy to have her there! After the baptism he said he felt clean. Sister Gifford asked him what he was going to do now and he said "I'm going to follow the Lord!' He is just awesome! The next day was fast Sunday and he got up and bore his testimony. It was powerful. I even saw him give the Bishop his first tithing. Its amazing to see the faith of these new converts. During sacrament meeting yesterday the 1st counselor in the bishopric got up and said that in the Syracuse ward they have had 18 baptisms this year and its the most they have had since 2002. This area is a blessed area! Edwin is so happy and I'm so glad that I could be apart of the process of him being baptized!
On Saturday we called one of our investigators to invite her to the baptism, but she said she couldn't walk because of her knee. She was in a lot of pain so we offered to let the Elders give her a blessing. She said that would be ok. So we went over with the Elders and a member and the member asked her which person she wanted to anoint and which one she want to have give the blessing. She turned to us and said "I want my lovely sisters to do it!" haha We had to explain to her why we couldnt' do it. She was very grateful for the blessing though. I'm so grateful for the priesthood. Every time these 19 year old missionaries give a blessing it just amazes me. You know its really by the power of God these Elders know what to say and do. I love the priesthood!
So this week has been really stressful because we knew that the call would come this week and tell us if we were staying or going. We call them transfer calls. Well the phone call came and we found out that we are both staying here in Syracuse! Sister Gifford and Sister Stacey going on three transfers together in the Cuse! We are both really excited about that! I'm excited because that means I will also probably be here in Syracuse till February! We got two new sisters this transfer. One of them was Sister Love who was the sister in the car accident with Sister Bentley. She is seriously my hero and is such a great example to me. She was only gone for one transfer recovering, but she is back. The best part is that she went to Glenville my last area. So I'm excited and she will love it here. She is amazing that she still wants to come back and serve. She is truly amazing! We also found out that a new Sister area opened and that is Lake Placid which is in the North Country and that is where the Olympics were. So I really would love to go there sometime in the future. It was a pretty exciting transfer call!
We had dinner with this single older women this week and neither of us knew who she was. We went to her house and we were eating and she told us that she has been less active for over 30 years and wants to come back. She asked us if we could come to her house once a week and she will feed us if we would re-teach her all the lessons again. I think my jaw dropped a little bit.. haha I was like..um.. YES!!! haha It was so cool and were excited to get her back to church!
It was such a great week! I'm so happy that I get to be here in Syracuse for another transfer! I love it here and I love being a missionary! I love being able to be apart of these people's lives and be with them as they progress closer to Jesus Chirst!

Love you all,
Sister Stacey

pic 1: Edwin's Baptism. Edwin is the one next to me
pic 2: Edwin Baptism
Pic 3: District Meeting!
pic 4: District meeting
pic 5: Distirct meeting goofy







No comments:

Post a Comment