Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Transfer #7...Half Way!!! ahh!!!


Hello,
I don't have very much time so I can't write too much. This week was kind of a slow week which is normal for missionary work. I did hit my half way mark this week on the 9th which was really weird. It feels like yesterday when I was driving to my first area. Time is really weird as a missionary some days feel like a week long and some weeks feel like a day long. I have so much more to improve on and still have 9 months to make it the best. Also on Saturday a year ago I opened my mission papers. I'll never forget that day as long as I live. I remember being nervous and excited at the same time. I'm so happy that I'm here in New York and I know this is where I'm suppose to be.
This week we had Stake Conference and our mission president and his wife spoke and it was fun to hear from them. We taught a lesson afterwards with one of our investigators. He has been out of town so we haven't been able to see him for a couple weeks. When we saw him he said that he still hasn't read and if he isn't that motivated to read then he must not be interested to learn more. We had planned to teach something else, but the spirit took over the lesson and we went a different direction and it went so great. We talked about prayer and I happened to mention a story that was told at stake conference about a man who lost his job and was looking for work. Our investigator opened up and said that he was looking for a job and he had a reason to pray. We gave him some scriptures to read that would help him, but he really seemed like he was going to do his reading! It was such a great lesson and I'm just glad that the Spirit was there. It was a great lesson and I'm so grateful for the Spirit guiding that lesson!
On Friday we got a call that a train by our apartment had fallen off the track and one of the carts was filled with propane. So we were evacuated from our apartment for awhile. They shut down the highway and we couldn't get anywhere. It also happened to be on the same night of the football game. It was pretty crazy, but we ended up making it back to our apartment. The propane didn't spill so we got to go back to our place for the night. It was a crazy day!
I'm so happy that i'm here in New York serving the Lord! I'm happy that me and Sister Gifford are here in Syracuse for another transfer!

Love you all,
Sister Stacey

Pictures:
Fall is coming to an end..but this is what Fall looks like in New York!



No comments:

Post a Comment