Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11



Hello,

This week was a great week! Its our last full week together. We got transfer calls on Saturday and Sister Gifford will be going to Bennington Vermont and I will be training. Yes I will be training and I'm a little nervous for it, but I know that it will be a great growing opportunity for me. I'm excited Syracuse will be a great place for her to start her mission. I have been working hard so she has some great people to work with when she gets here. It will be hard for her to start her mission right before Christmas so I'm going to try my hardest to make sure she has the best Christmas ever! We will have a lot of fun! We have had a pretty tight group here in Syracuse the Elders and us, but it has come and we are all leaving. Its been so much fun! Change is always hard, but we can never grow if we don't experience change. I know it will be a good thing.

Kind of a cute story this week. On Saturday we were pretty booked with a lot of lessons and we get a call from Edwin. He wanted us to come over and teach him. We asked him if something was wrong with the appointment we scheduled with him on Tuesday. He said nothing was wrong he was just reading in Mosiah about service (which we just gave me a lesson on it to him) and he wanted us to come over and read some more with him. He thought of us. It was such a cute experience. He is doing so great!

We are struggling with getting people to church, but we finally got one of our investigators to church. We have set her with a date for January so we hope she sticks through it. We have been praying a lot to find and I know that God answers prayers.

I'm excited for this week and to experience my first Christmas as a missionary. I am actually really excited and I know it will be a great one. I love this Christmas season and to be able to think more about our Saviour. I love Mosiah chapter 2 that talks about service. That when we are in the Service of our fellow beings we are only in the Service of God. I hope we can all think about that over this Christmas season. To serve others because that is what God wants and that's what makes him most happy! I'm so grateful for this opportunity to Serve him always!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! I'm excited to talk to my family it will be great!

I love you all

Merry Christmas

Love Sister Stacey

Pictures: We went to a gingerbread museum and ice skating with one of our investigators and the Elders. It was so much fun! Our last District picture we will all be changing this next transfer!








No comments:

Post a Comment