Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"she brought forth the firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger.." Luke 2:7


Hello,
I don't have to much to write about. This week we didn't teach that much because we are trying to find find find! We found a lot of cool people and we are excited to start teaching them in the coming weeks. We volunteer at a local church and help pass out clothes. This lady we work with started talking to us about how when she lived in California when she was younger she would go to seminary and mutual activities with her mormon friend. She is looking for a church for her family and would like to come. She had been under our nose this whole time. We aren't allowed to proselyte when we are on other church property so it was so coool to have her open up and talk to us. The Lord is so aware of us because we have been praying a lot to find new people.
There is a funny story and I probably shouldn't tell it because it might freak my mom out. We were trying some people that Sisters have taught in the past. We knocked on this one door and this guy answered and we asked if Tristian was home. The guy told us that he went to prison that week. (eeekkkk) Well because I have a funny sense of humor I said "O darn we should have come earlier!" The guy thought it was funny. This just kind of shows the area's we are in all day. haha It was really cool because we ended up having a 20 minute conversation on the doorstep with the guy who answered the door. We gave him a Book of Mormon and we are going to try him this week. It ended up begin a really cool experience!
So I have been in the Syracuse ward for almost 4 months and I have never seen someone do a musical number. (this ward isn't very musical) So I thought it would be a good way to get our investigators to church if I sang. Well of course I got sick again right before, but come Sunday when I got up to sing my voice worked perfectly. I really enjoy singing. Sadly we didn't get any of our investigators to come, but the Elders had some and the ward loved it. The members came up to me and were like "where did that come from?" The teenager boys came up and asked me for my autograph it was funny. haha I really do enjoy singing and the ward hasn't had that so it was a great experience. I hope I touched someone and helped strengthen their testimony. I know every time I sing about Christ it always strengthens mine.
I love this Christmas holiday and I love being here in New York for the xmas holiday! We had the ward christmas party this weekend and its just so good to all get together and focus on the Savior.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Sister Stacey

Picture: I love New York and the overacast City of Syracuse!
Picture: We went to a members home for dinner and they live on a farm! It made me miss my little sister! So I took this picture for her!






No comments:

Post a Comment