Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Merry Christmas,

This week was a crazy week, but awesome! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I had a wonderful Christmas. My week started off with saying goodbye to Sister Gifford and receiving my new “Greenie.” We drove to Utica and picked her up and it was the first time I had been to the new missionary meeting since I first got here. I tried to remember how I felt that first day I got there. (A little overwhelmed!) My new companion’s name is Sister Horne and she is from Centerville Utah. We got in our car and drove back to Syracuse. We didn’t even have time to drop her stuff off at the apartment and went straight into teaching. We had lessons all night which was way fun. Pretty much that has been each day since she has got here. We have been blessed to teach so much. I have been taking her around the "Cuse" and she has realized it is a lot different from Utah. We have had fun and Its been a learning process for both of us. I hope that I can do my best to teach and lead by example. We have been doing great so far! A lady (Sandy) that volunteers with us at the food pantry came up to us a couple weeks ago and told us that when she lived in California when she was younger she went to seminary with her friend. She said she really wants to get back in church and wants her kids to have that. We went and taught her on Saturday and she asked us what she needs to do to be baptized. It was one of those moments when me and sister Horne slowly looked at each other with our mouths opened. Haha We were like well..we teach you..hahah Afterwards Sister Horne turned to me and said “does that happen often?” I said “NO! But that was AWESOME!” We have been truly blessed with the work!

Christmas day was so perfect and I really coulnd’t have asked for anything different. We woke up and opened presents. (Mom spoiled me!) She is so awesome and it was way fun to open presents. Sunday was so great! We got to church and Sandy and her son made it. She was happy to be there and so were we. I also saw Bob which was a former investigator who had dropped us. He came with his son and it was so great to see him there! I told him if anything changes he has our number. Also a recent convert that we meet with came to church with her husband who is Jehovah's witness. I was so happy to see him I thought he would never want to come. We also picked up two potentials at church. It was seriously the best Christmas present anyone could ask for. Seriously Christmas miracle. I think I looked really stupid during church because I could NOT stop smiling. It was so funny! I was so happy that so many people came! I’m just so happy right now! We are going to be teaching a lot of great people right now and life is just good. I’m sure my companion thinks I’m so weird. She just doesn’t know whats going on cause she just got here so I had to fill her in on why I was so happy!

Some members had us over for Lunch and dinner and it was such a great Christmas. It was also very exciting to talk to my family. I was a little nervous at first to talk to them because I didn’t want to get out of the funk of not talking to them for so long. It went well and it was great to here from them, but my head is back in the game and I’m ready to get to work!

It was seriously the best Christmas ever and I’m so happy that I was here for it! Christmas miracles for sure! I hope you all had a great Christmas! I love you all so much! Have a very happy New Year!

Love,

Sister Stacey

Pictures: The sisters at Transfer Meeting and our new trainiee's
Christmas Morning opening presents!
Christmas Dinner! So fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment