Monday, January 2, 2012

"LOOK NOT BEHIND THEE" - Genesis 19:17


ITS A NEW YEAR!

I hope everyone had a great new years eve! I totally forgot it was New Years eve until one of our last appointments someone mentioned it to us. We got home that night and I was so tired I could care less about waiting up for the new year. I was sooo happy to go to bed by 10:30. (haha)
This week was so amazing! On new years day I was lucky enough to give a talk in church. I gave a talk on re-newing our faith. I think it went well and on Sunday we got 4 of our investigators at church it was amazing. It was crazy trying to get them around to classes. I'm not sure why, but we are just doing so awesome. We set two of our investigators with a baptism date this week. We had a member referral for this 19 year old boy. He had been coming to church with some members and he came up to us and asked if he could learn more. It was way exciting. The lessons have been going really good with him and he really agrees with everything. So we set him for the end of January. We also saw Sandy this week. (I think I talked about her last week.) We set her with a date and she was really excited about that. So this month is going to be crazy!
We taught 20 lessons this week and I'm exhausted, I have never been so tired in my ENTIRE LIFE! Its for a good cause though and I know the Lord is pleased. My mission president always tells us that the numbers always go down after we talk to our families. (NOT I) I wanted to prove him wrong and I think we did! haha
Training has been going great. I love Sister Horne! We get along great and she came out ready to work and she has been fitting in really well. We practice a lot and she has been doing so well in lessons. We also started teaching a members little sister. She is 11 years old so we have been working hard to make fun visuals for her lessons. (good thing I'm an elementary school major) She is really excited to learn so she might be getting baptized at the end of the month as well. Things have just been doing so well and I'm absolutely in LOVE with Syracuse and I basically never want to leave!
We heard some great talks yesterday about the starting of the New Year. I talked about Nephi and his faith and how sometimes we are more like Laman and Lemuel. We see miracles in our lives and then later on forget and lose faith. We should all try this year to have the faith of Nephi and be able to say "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded." One of my favorite videos on mormon.org is one about the story of Lot and how they were leaving the wicked city. (mormon messages) They had one rule and that was to NOT look back, but thats exactly what his wife did and she turned into a pillar of salt. Some of the things they say in the video is to not look behind us. Lot's wife didn't even consider that her future could be better than her past. To not dwell on the past, but look forward. You can't go back so you might as well live forward in the best way that you can. Anybody can choose to leave the past behind and movie forward! I hope you all have a great new year!

Love you,
Sister stacey


Pictures: I forgot to put these up over xmas time.. late pictures






No comments:

Post a Comment