Monday, January 23, 2012

"..behold, said he, I will give up all that i possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy." Alma 22:15



Hello,
This week went by really fast. I was really lucky to be able to hear from my Mission president twice this week. It’s been a great week. First I’ll talk about what’s going on with our investigators. Andrew is doing well, but we need more time to teach him all the lessons. So we're pushing back his baptism date. Sandy wasn’t able to make it to church this past Sunday because her son had to go to the hospital. We were able to go visit her in the Hospital and read from the Book of Mormon with her and that was able to give her great comfort.
On Wednesday we had our district meeting and my Mission President came. It was a great training on how to be effective planners and how it can have a huge impact on our missions and even our lives. Thankfully I was an ok planner before my mission, but I didn’t realize until my mission how much we can actually get done in one day. I had no idea we could accomplish so much in the 24 hours we are given. My mission has shown me how to be an effective planner and to use time wisely!

Also this week we had Return and Report. This is where all trainers and their trainees met back a month later. It was so great and I hadn’t been to one since my Return and Report. We all met and were able to receive some great trainings from our mission president as well as the Assistants. It was so great! Something that I love is that we always read through Alma 17-26. They are like the ultimate missionary chapters! Every time I read through them I find something different. One that I found that I liked and hadn’t seen before was from Alma 22:15. In this verse the King says that he will give up all he possess to know God. He would even give up his own kingdom. As missionaries we need to teach in a way and with the spirit so that when it comes to teaching people about the commandments they will give up anything to be baptized and follow Christ. So I’m trying to teach as Aaron did so I can have those experiences. Another one that I love is in Alma 26:9 Its talking about how if they hadn’t gone to Zarahmela, these people might be strangers to God. Who knows what would have happened if I didn’t come on a mission. Who would have been strangers to God. I’m so glad I came and I’m here!

The meeting was great another thing that I love that I forgot about until I went to this meeting again. He talks about the 4 H’s of missionary work.

1.) Honeymoon: This is when we're at the MTC and life is good. Everyone accepts our invitation to be baptized. No worries!
2.) Horror: This is the first day or transfer in the mission field. You suddenly realize this is hard work.
3.) Humor: You just have to find humor and laugh about things. When someone slams the door in our face we just need to laugh about it.
4.) Home: When we finally feel at home in the mission field

It was interesting to hear these again because the first time I heard them I was feeling the Horror stage as I just entered the mission field. When we were going over these I could honestly say that I feel at home here in New York especially here in Syracuse. This place has become my home and these people have become my family. I love them so much and I never want to leave!

Hope you have a great week!

Love from the Cuse,
Sister Stacey

Pic 1: Sister Pitts and I were in the MTC together and here we are together again at our 2nd return and report with our traniees

pic 2: Sister Horne and I at Return and Report

pic 3: All the new missionaries and their trainers!


No comments:

Post a Comment