Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"..be patient in long-suffering and afflictions that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee...."


"..be patient in long-suffering and afflictions that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls." Alma 17:11

This week was a good week. We had our last district meeting of the transfer and it just blows my mind how fast it has gone. Transfer calls were also this week and…..drum roll… I’M STAYING IN THE CUSE! Me and sister Horne will be together again for another transfer and I’m pretty positive this will be my last transfer here in Syracuse which I don’t like to think about. I’m so happy to be here again for 6 more weeks!

We have been meeting with a Less active member who called us a couple months ago and asked if we would come visit her. The other night we were at a members home and her name came up, it turned out that she was the less active members visiting teacher. So we were able to bring Sami the member with us and it was such a great lesson. The less active member was so excited to meet her visiting teacher and she was really excited to come to church on Sunday. Sunday came and she actually came! It was so exciting and she was making friends. It was just as exciting as an investigator coming.

This week has just been filled with a lot of teaching. Andrew and Sandy are doing well. Sandy’s 14 year old son loves coming to church and the activities. It’s been so fun to see! We started teaching this girl from China. She said she knew someone from China who was a member. We were about to start teaching the first lesson and I turn to her and I said what do you know about Jesus Christ or God? … She looks at me and kind of smiles and says…”nothing really”.. Okay.. haha so instead we were able to teach her about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It was a really cool experience. We had to meet her on campus at the library. It was weird being on a campus again..lets just say I’m happy that I’m here. Haha

Things are going great and I’m so happy I’m here for another transfer!

Love from the Cuse,

Sister Stacey

Picture 1 and 2: Last District Meeting of the Transfer!
Picture 3, 4, and 5: Sister Horne Greeny Dinner!!!! (this one was way hard to eat! so gross! haha






No comments:

Post a Comment