Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"..Therefore, the Lord himself shall give you a sign..Behold a virgin shall conceive, and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." 2 Nephi


"..Therefore, the Lord himself shall give you a sign..Behold a virgin shall conceive, and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." 2 Nephi 17:14

Merry Christmas,

I can’t believe it is December already, I’m very excited for the Christmas season! People already have their lights up and the season has already started. I'm excited to experience a Christmas as a missionary. I loved the Christmas Devotional last night. Christmas season is about Christ. The best gift I could give to him his to share his gospel and bring more of his sheep to the fold. I'm so happy I get to be here and I know this will be a great Christmas.
This week was a great week. We had Zone Conference which was amazing. My mission president talked all about the Book of Mormon. It was so amazing! We talked about how we need to use the Book of Mormon more in our missionary work. I have come to love the Book of Mormon. I didn’t know it very well before my mission. I’m so grateful for my mission because I have come to know the Book of Mormon and appreciate it so much more in my life. I have realized that it’s here to guide us along our personal paths in life. It’s there to give us comfort and direction. I love the Book of Mormon. We talked about how everything is determined on the Book of Mormon and no matter what anyone is going through the book of Mormon has answers!
Edwin went to the Temple this weekend and we saw him on Sunday. He was literally glowing he was so happy. He said it was the Holiest experience of his life. He got up and bore his testimony of the temple and it was just so powerful. He was able to be baptized for his son who was killed years ago in New York City. He was so happy! I love this gospel! The Gospel of Jesus Christ really brings happiness. I’m so happy for Edwin and it’s so great to be able to see him make this great progress in the Gospel. I love the Temple and I can’t wait to go this summer! Testimony meeting in the Syracuse ward is seriously amazing! It blows me away and strengthens my testimony each time I attend. Half the ward is converts and to hear them share their testimony is so powerful! The gospel can really change lives. The gospel has the power to do anything and I have seen that on my mission. It’s amazing!

I hope you all have a great week! I love my mission and I love the Book of Mormon!

Love,

Sister Stacey

Pictures:

Pic 1: In downtown Syracuse they have a huge Christmas tree decorated and Ice skating! Its so much fun!

Pic 2: We went to the mall here. Its the 6th largest in America. They had a carousal in it! so fun!
Pic 3: Our little Christmas tree! So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment