Monday, March 12, 2012

Staying in the Cuse for Transfer #10!!!!!

Hello,

So this week was painfully long because I was waiting all week to see if I was staying or leaving. We always get the calls the Saturday before the transfer. So all day Saturday I couldn't focus. The elders were telling us what was going to happen he said.."sister stacey you will be getting transferred to......Syracuse!" I was like NOT FUNNY! It freaked me out for a bit. So me and Sister Horne will be together again going on our 3rd transfer together and it will be my 6th transfer here. I love it here so I'm so happy that I'm here! I'm most excited about staying because now I'm going to be able to be here for Erin's baptism. She is absolutely amazing and so prepared for the gospel. Her baptism will be in a couple weeks. She is amazing and she reads soooo much its crazy! Earlier this week when we didn't know if I was leaving or not we told her I might leave and her face was so sad. She was going to cry thinking that I might leave. So all our prayers in our lessons this week were for me to stay. So when I found out she was the first person I text and I said "I'm staying, prayer works!" haah We were all pretty excited! So a bunch of members also thought I was going to leave so they all wanted me to come over for lunch or dinner. This older women we eat lunch with had me over this week and on Sunday she came up to me and was like what happened are you staying our going? I was like "I'm staying!" and she was like "Oh great I squeezed you in this week for nothing!' haha and we both started laughing. I was like well I guess were good for this month then! It was pretty funny, but everyone was excited that I was staying!

Sunday was a great day. I thought I was going to be leaving so I arranged to sing in church. Me and a member I'm really close with sang a duet in church on Sunday and it was so much fun. We sang the Olive Tree and it went really well. The member Sami has such a good voice and the both of us sounded really well together. It was way fun! I'm glad I was able to do it and bring some musical numbers into the ward.

We also started teaching this boy on campus. This member met him in her class. We went on campus and taught him and it went really well. At the end of the lesson I was telling him a little bit about the plan of salvation and I said "Well next time we meet we are going to talk about where we were before we came to earth and what happens to us after we die.." and the boy said "well what happens to us after we die?" and I said "well I guess your just going to have to come next time and find out!" haha It was so funny, but you best believe he is going to come and find out!

Things have been going really well. I"m so happy I'm here again in the cuse! That will have made it 9 months here! crazy!

Lovin Life!

Love from the Cuse,
Sister Stacey

Pictures:

 Pic 1: District Pics


Pic 2: District Pics


Pic 3: District Pics being funny

Pic 4: Syracuse University, it's so beautiful!


Pic 5: The people I volunteer with at the United Methodist church

Pic 6: The Dippolds awesome members!




No comments:

Post a Comment