Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"...wherefore all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and partakers of salvation." Moroni 8:17

 Hello,

 This week was a great week. The last couple months Edwin hadn't been coming to church and wouldn't let us come see him. We called and told him that I was leaving soon and he let us stop by. He was so happy to see us and it was so good to see him! He said he still reads the Book of Mormon everyday and had been out of town helping his wife at her home. He is going to try coming back to church this week. It was so great to see him before I left and to know that he is still going strong. His testimony is so powerful its amazing to see him grow!

 Erin went to the temple this weekend. She said she got really nervous before she went in and the second she got in and started doing baptisms the nervous feelings went away and she felt the spirit. Its so much fun to see her go to the temple and it makes all the hard days we have worth it. It makes it so worth it to see her go to the temple and help others. I love being a missionary! What could get any better than that!

 So we have been going to the Stanton each week to teach brother Stantons little sister. We have fallen in love with their family and look forward to going to their home each week. They have 2 of the cutest kids in Syracuse and they love when we come over. (maybe because we always bring treats..haha) So the primary was doing this dinner night at the church where each kid from the primary had to invite someone they admired or appreciated in their lives. So when Sister Stanton was explaining to her little 4 year old who he had to bring she started to list off names of people that have been close to him. Then she said out of no where he was like "I want the missionaries to come!" She hadn't even listed us. So Saturday night we went to this dinner with all the primary kids and when we walked in he was so excited for us to be there. He yelled "MISSIONARIES!" It was so much fun and we love him. It's fun to see that he knows who we are and that we have made that big of an impression on him. This is probably my last full week here in Syracuse and its going to be so hard to leave. I'm not sure if I'm going to survive the goodbyes.. so I'm just going to have to say "see ya later" I will be back, I know it. I just love the people here and they have been so good to me. I find out saturday where I will be going.

Have a great week!

 Love from the cuse,

 Sister Stacey

Picture 1 and 2: Primary Dinner with Sye so fun!
Picture 3: Last visit with Edwin











No comments:

Post a Comment