Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"...come unto me and be baptized in my name...that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day." 3 Nephi 27:20


Hello,
This week has been amazing!! I would first like to start my email off with the most exciting news....drum roll.. we set a date wtih Michele and she is going to be baptized August 13th!!!! I first met Michele the first transfer I was here. She is 14 years old and she is best friends with a youth in the ward. Me and Sister Zwick were trying to meet with her, but I don't think Michele was ready at that point. She went to Salt Lake City and girls camp and I believe through those experiences her desire to be baptized grew. She wanted to meet with us. We set her with a date on the third lesson. I was really nervous to set her with a date. Her legal guardians are her grandparents and we didn't know what they would think. After I set her with a date and asked if she would want to be baptized she had a big smile on her face with a reply of YES! Then we asked her what her grandparents would think and she said that she had already asked them and they approved. It was such a spiritual experience and she knew she wanted to be baptized. Everything is working out perfect for her baptism! I'm so excited that I will be able to be here for it, just in case I get transfered next transfer. I'm so happy for her and now we have about 2 weeks to get in all the lessons before her baptism! We will be busy! I"m very excited!
This week was just full of excitment! We also had Zone Conference this week which is always amazing! My mission president Bulloch is so full of wisdom its amazing! The topic was on Pride and Declaring Repentance. I'm not sure if any of you have read the Beware of Pride talk by Ezra Taft Benson, but it is amazing! I recommend everyone to read that talk. One of my favorite scriptures we read during zone conference was a scripture that Presidnet shared with us in D&C 88:107 and it says "and then shall the angels be crowned wtih the glory of his might and the saints shall be filled with his glory and receive their inhertiance and be made equal with him." I love tihs scripture because it shows us that God is not prideful. He wants us to be equal with him, he does not want to be above us he wants to be equal with him. This shows how much he loves us. He loves us so much he wants us to be just like him. This is such a powerful scripture! Zone conference was great also because I was able to see Elder Hamiliton an Elder that was in my MTC district. It was cool to see how he has grown. In the MTC our district always talked about how we were going to be the one to baptize Jimmer's mom. Well guess where he was transfered to..Glens Falls. (Jimmers hometown) I was very jealous..(o wait that is prideful).. jk haha It was good to see him though! It was like seeing my family again! It was a great Zone Conference I always learn so much!
This week has been SO hot! Walking into a sticky hot oven! haha I'm not use to this humitidy.. I don't like this humid stuff that much. haha We had to ride our bikes on Friday which was one of the hottest days of the week. Luckily we have great members.. one of our less activites came and picked us up and drove us to an area we would work in for the day! It was AWESOME!
So aparantley there is a new Joseph Smith movie coming out. Its all about Joseph Smith getting the plates and there are going to be 2 more movies. Its done by members of the church and they came to a theartre here in Schenectady. The actors were at the movie and I guess they havent' made it out west yet. It looks like a good movie we haven't seen it. Something cool though is the girl that plays Emma was my roommate in the MTC. So when it comes out west you should all see it and tell me how it was.
Well I love you all! I love being a missionary! I love being here in Glenville! Its been a great week!
Love,
Sister Stacey
Pictures from Zone Conference!
The first picture is me and a Less Active girl in the ward that just had her cute baby that I can't hold :(
The Second picture is me and The Mission Presidents wife. She is the best!
The Third Picture is me and all the Sisters at Zone Conference!




No comments:

Post a Comment