Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord.."


Hello Everyone,

I can't believe how much can happen in just one week. This week was full of many interesting things. Tuesday morning I woke up with a really sore throat and it kept getting worse and worse. Luckily there are some nurses in the ward.. I found out I had Strep Throat. So I had Strep and it was basically awful. We had to stay inside one day and it was so boring! I was able to get some Anti biotics. We picked up two new investigators on thursday. The first week of the transfer we were trying to find this one guy. We knocked on his door and asked if it was him and it wasn't. So we started talking to this man and he told us we could come back. Then this week we went back again to see if he still wanted to meet. His wife was also there this time and seemed very excited to have us come over. We went in and taught them the first lesson and they were excited to learn. At the end of the lesson she said each time before we came to the door her husband had asked God for direction in his life and each time he asked that question we had knocked on the door. It was a great confirmation to us that we had been following the Spirit. So were excited to continue to teach them!

So Michele's baptism was this weekend! I was feeling so sick and I was a little stressed because we had to put on this baptism on Saturday. I feel so blessed to have the priesthood in my life. I was able to get a blessing and when saturday came I was feeling well enough to prepare for the baptism. I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life and worthy men who are always prepared to give a blessing! The baptism went so well! So many people came to the baptism we almost didn't have room for everyone. It was a great turn out! After Michele was baptized she was talking to Sister Waddignton (the members she is close with) she said she never wanted to come out of the water. She loved the feeling she had and never wanted to come out. It was so cute! It was great to be there!

So the second to last saturday of the transfer we get "transfer calls" I particulary do not like these.. it makes me nervous all day. We waited eagerly for the call telling us if we would stay or go. I had done the math and I knew it would come down to Syracuse or Ogdensburg. Sister Swick served in Ogdensburg and the way she talked about it sounded like it was pretty much in the middle of no where.. Lets say Sister Zwick would have been happy if I went to Ogdensburg. Finally the phone rang and the Elder said "Sister Stacey you will be going to SYRACUSE West serving with Sister Gifford!" YAY!!! haha I'm really excited about Syracuse and it has been a place I have wanted to serve in! I knew that I would be leaving this area and I feel really good about going to Syracuse. My new companion will be Sister Gifford. She has only been on her mission for 6 weeks. So I will be second transfer training her. I'm excited about this and I think that my mission president is preparing me for training! haha So the next day was Sunday and I knew it would be my last in Glenville. I had planned to sing in church, but because of my good luck I got strep throat that week. My throat was really sore still and my ears were plugged. It was not good, but I wanted to sing badly because I knew it was my last sunday. I was sitting next to Melanie and I was really nervous that I would cough in the middle of the song. She wrote me a little note telling me to have faith in the Lord. That I shouldn't worry and he would let me sing well. It amazes me how much Melanie has grown and has the Spirit with her. It almost made me cry to see how much her testimony has grown. The way she was able to comfort me. I went up to the pulpit coughing and the music started to play and the second I opened my mouth my throat cleared up and I was able to sing the whole song. The power of faith can really work miracles. I was happy I was able to do it and it went well! It was sad saying goodbye to everyone. The members here have been so great to me! I have also been having a bad toothace this week. So just my luck there is a dentist in the ward. He fixed up my tooth which was way nice of him. It was funny though because we had a dinner appointment right after and half my mouth was numb. Very interesting week I had.. haha

My time here in Glenville has come to an end. The last couple of days I have been saying my goodbyes and it has not been easy. These people here in Glenville have become my family. I didn't think it would be this hard and honestly didn't think I would get this attach to people on my mission. I still feel like I have so much to do here in Glenville and could honestly serve my whole mission here, but I know the Lord has other plans in store for me. I just need to have trust in him that I'm needed in Syracuse. The friendships I have made here will last forever. Last night I had planned to see the Sullivans last. I would say that was probably the hardest goodbye, but it was great to see the love that I had for them. They have really helped me grow these past 6 months. I will miss them and I WILL BE BACK! Glenville will always have a special place in my heart. It is where I started my mission. I feel like I'm leaving my family again to go on a mission to Syracuse. haha I know its my time to go, but I have loved my time here. I will never forget the memories I have made here. I will never forget the people I have taught and how they have helped change my life. It will be very hard to say goodbye to Melanie today. She has become one my best firends. Everytime we went to teach her she always taught me something. I am so happy I was able to help her on her path to eternal life. I love being a missionary and I know change is apart of it. Change is hard, but I'm also starting to see that change is good! I love being a missionary, I'm excited for my new area and new people. I feel so blessed to be here in New York!

I love you all,
Sister Stacey

Pic 1: Me, Michele, and Sister Belnap at the baptism
Pic 2: Michele and I at her Baptism
Pic 3: Last District Meeting! Best District EVER!
pic 4: District Meeting!
pic 5: The Maughan Family!
Pic 6: the sullivans!
pic 7: My favorite Less actives!
pic 8: My fav LA. She loves harleys.. haha











No comments:

Post a Comment