Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Syracuse Transfer #5


Hello,

I am in my new area now with my new companion. It was really hard to leave Glenville. It felt like I was leaving my family behind and going on my mission to Syracuse. It was sad to leave the members and my recent converts, but I guess this is where faith needed to come to play. It was hard to adjust but as soon as we started meeting with the people and the members I started to feel more comfortable. I was so surprised to see how many people we were teaching and we have 6 people with a baptism date. Its amazing to see how different areas are. Syracuse is split up between the elders and us. We have the east side of Syracuse which includes Syracuse University. Students have started to come into town and I think this will be a great finding tool for us. Both the Elders and us cover the ward and the singles branch. Its been kind of confusing to me that I have two wards to cover, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. Its been way fun and it reminds me of my awesome Institute back home in Fort Collins. I know this will be a great area. My companion is from Arizona and she has been out for 6 weeks. We get along great and I think this transfer will be a great one. I have really high hopes for this area and I think we will be teaching quit a bit. Syracuse is a big city so there are lots of people out and about. Its way fun!

I don't have to much time and not too much to write about. This week has felt long because of the transfers, but I'm all settled in now. I've started to get to know the area and the people. I'm very excited for this place!

I love you all!

Sister stacey

Last Goodbyes in Glenville; Last goodbye with Melanie and Mellon family



No comments:

Post a Comment