Tuesday, May 1, 2012

North Country Fun!

Hello,

Leaving Syracuse was the hardest thing I have ever had to do on my mission and the first was leaving Glenville. It just gets harder and harder each time I leave. It was really hard saying goodbye to my recent converts and the Stantons and the Sampsons. My last night in Syracuse I was able to spend time with both families to say goodbye. I know that I will see them again though. I can’t believe that I was in Syracuse for 9 months I didn’t realize how much I really did love it there. Transfers were on a Wednesday and it was so hard to say goodbye to Sister Horne. We were a perfect match I would like to say, when it comes to a companionship. We worked so well together and we were always unified in everything we did. It’s always hard leaving a good companionship. I know that she will do well taking over the area. We drove to transfer meeting and I met Sister Caton (my new companion, she is from Riverside California.) From there we drove for 3 and half hours up to the North Country. It was such a beautiful drive and it reminded me of home. The north country is so beautiful. Lake Placid is awesome and it’s the cutest town ever! I am the fourth Sister Missionary to serve in Lake Placid since the 1930’s. I thought that was way cool! Whoop whoop! Lake Placid reminds me of Estes Park with all the cute shops and fun things to do. The town is all about the Olympics and I think we might go visit the museum today. People have told us that people training for the winter Olympics live here in the winter and train all winter long. So maybe we will see some famous people around. Coming to lake Placid straight from Syracuse has been a major culture shock. I went from teaching 3 to 4 lessons a day to teaching 4 lessons a week. This area is hard and it’s only a branch, but I have faith that we will find people to teach. We have 4 people in our teaching pool right now and I still haven’t met some of them. All we have been doing is finding, finding, finding.. Its been hard, but I have faith that we will be able to find someone to teach. Going to the branch on Sunday was an experience. Sacrament meeting started and I turned over to Sister Caton and asked if this was everyone she said "yeah pretty much" haha I was called to be the branch chorister and I need to start practicing the piano because they need musical talents in the branch. So I was put to work and that was good. It was good to finally meet some members. Keep me in your prayers to find some people! I miss Syracuse a lot and I knew that I would be leaving but I’m happy that I could be here in Lake Placid. (pray that it will warm up soon! Haha)

Love from the North Country,

Sister Stacey

First 3 pictures: Saying goodbye to Erin, Stantons, and Sampsons :(

Last 4 pictures: Me here in Lake Placid!









No comments:

Post a Comment